Thursday 5 September 2019

Introduction

I will be using action research to develop a collection of contemporary art and jewellery that is referenced by a selection of Islamic art.
This research report is made up of three chapters:
 1. Chapter one defines the terminology of topics I am looking at for this research report.
 2. Chapter two is a literature review of the artists whose work I have used as reference in this report.
 3. Chapter three discusses the pieces of jewellery and supportive art that I have made based on my interpretations of the references.

Islamic art

Islamic art is classified as all of the arts, which includes architecture, ceramics, jewellery, henna and textiles, that were made in the lands where Islam was the dominant religion or the religion of the rulers.

Contemporary jewellery
I have defined the term contemporary jewellery by looking at the writing of Bruce Metcalf, Kenneth Quickenden and Roberta Bernabei.

No comments:

Post a Comment